5/28/2013

Work breakfast and work lunch.

If you are a regular reader then I'm sure you've heard me talk about eggs and how great I think they are.  If not, then welcome to the party.


My office is awesome and has a full kitchen that people actually use.  Most mornings I scramble and egg with some salt and pepper.  I also have a flax pita with a Tablespoon of cream cheese.  The protein and fiber keeps me full all morning.  

I had a simple lunch of roasted butternut squash, meatballs, and a Fuze iced tea.  It's kind of an indulgence, but I buy the butternut squash that is already cleaned and cut into chunks.  I used to peel and clean my own squash, but with the butternut variety it's just too much work.  For lunch I spread them on a small pan with some olive oil, salt, and pepper, and bake them in the toaster oven on 350 for about 40 minutes.  

These meatballs come frozen in a box.  You should be able to find them at your regular grocery store in the freezer section.  They have about one carb each.  I like to toss them in some steak sauce and heat them in the microwave when I'm at the office.  They aren't my favorite lunch, but they are an excellent choice when I don't have anything defrosted or precooked in the morning.  


This lunch is also packed with protein and fiber, which really helps cut down on snacking during the workday.  If I don't eat the right things for breakfast and lunch, then I find myself looking for snacks around 4:00 in the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment